The NFOG General Assembly at the the 37th Nordic Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology in June 2010 in Copenhagen decided to establish the NFOG Fund which replaces the NFOG Visitor and Collaborative Programs and provides support for a wider range of activities.
Application dates are before March 1st and before October 1st each year. Applicants will be notified within two months of the application dates. Link to the application
The purpose of the NFOG Fund is to support further development of professional skills, research, and clinical and scientific collaboration in the fields of obstetrics and gynecology within the Nordic countries.
Who can apply:
Members of the national societies of NFOG who are specialists in Obstetrics and Gynecology or trainees who have completed two years of specialist training at the time of application deadline. Members with PhD degree can count up to 12 months of study time in this respect.
Only future activities according to application deadlines, or ongoing activities already supported by the NFOG Fund, will be considered for support.
The following fields within Obstetrics and Gynecology can be covered:
- Clinical or scientific visits outside country of residence with the purpose of improving skills and/or developing and sharing expertise.
- Voluntary or project work in or regarding developing countries.
- Courses outside the applicant´s country of residence.
- Collaborative clinical or scientific projects between members of the national societies of NFOG.
- The 5 national societies of NFOG can apply for the coverage of expenses to bring lectures from the other Nordic countries to speak at meetings arranged by the societies.
In case the number of applications exceeds the funding, applications regarding activities within the Nordic countries will have the highest priority. In general, support is given for one year at a time.
The grants can be given for:
- Course fee.
- Traveling expenses: Public transport, airfare in economy class, only one return ticket.
- Modest accommodation up to one month (for longer visits hotel is not accepted).
- Meeting expenses for Nordic collaborative studies (point 4 above).
- Modest expenses required in order to work in developing countries (point 2 above).
- Modest speakers fee (point 5 above).
- Only expenses of NFOG members can be covered by the grants. This rule does not apply for lectures at societies meetings (point 5 above).
Grants cannot be given for:
- Congresses, symposia, pre- and post-congress courses.
- Courses arranged by NFOG.
- Courses which are mandatory towards specialist recognition in obstetrics and gynecology or for doctoral (PhD) degree.
- Salaries or daily allowances.
Application must include:
- The application and all included attachments must be in English
- Short Curriculum Vitae (no more than two pages). In collaborative projects, short CV from the principal investigator of each participating Nordic country
- Detailed budget (including all other Grants from NFOG or others) on an attached Excel sheet
- Copy of course announcement or short description of project.
- In collaborative projects, short description of the research / clinical project, including information on appropriate approvals. Total length up to five pages. Please include, if possible, names of all NFOG members.
- In case of course or clinical visit: letter of recommendation from head of department.
- In case of clinical visit or voluntary work: acceptance letter from head of department at the clinic where the visit is to take place or the organization responsible for the program.
- Information on whether or not the applicant has applied for or received other grants for the same purpose, and how much.
A short written report to the NFOG Board must be send to the NFOG webmaster (email@example.com), the Chair of the Scientific Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 3 months after the activity. The report will be published on the Website. Expenses will be refunded when the NFOG Treasurer (email@example.com ) receives documentation of expenses (reimbursement form and receipts) and the written report. Claim form can be found at www.nfog.org
Deadline for applications
Application deadlines are before March 1st and October 1st each year. Applicants will be notified within two months of the application dates.