NFYOG – Nordic Federation of Young Obstericians and Gynaecologists – was founded June 2000 at the venue of the 32nd Nordic Congress of Obstetrics and Gynaecology in Oslo.
The NFYOG board consists of 2 representatives from each of the Nordic countries
From the beginning in 2000 only Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway were represented, but from 2006 Iceland has also joined the NFYOG and is now represented with 2 board members. Board meetings are held approximately twice a year.
NFYOGs expenses are sponsored by NFOG with approximately 100 000 DK annually.
NFYOGs goal is to:
- organize a biannual congress on subjects of interest not covered in obligatory specialist training inside the field of OB/GYN
- organize a pre congress seminar before each NFOG congress.
- promote cooperation between trainees in OB/GYN in the Nordic countries
- improve education within the OB/GYN speciality
- exchange experience between the Nordic countries in regard to specialist training inside OB/GYN
Statutes, Minutes and Training
- OGU (Sweden) – Swedish trainee programme
- FYGO (Denmark) – Danish trainee program
- FUGO (Norway) – Norwegian trainee program
- EGO (Finland) – Finnish trainee program
- Iceland – Icelandic trainee program
Further information on education and trainee programmes in Ob/Gyn in Europe can be found through the homepage of the European Network of Trainees of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, ENTOG (www.entog.org)
The NFYOG board consists of 2 representatives from each of the Nordic countries.
NFYOG Vice Chair
Thea Falkenberg Mikkelsen
Eirin Haugli Falch
Hugrún Hörn Gudbergsdóttir