Clinical Guidelines and Nordic Collaboration presented by NFOG.
The aim of this NFOG initiative is to increase the availability, quality, and impact of clinical guidelines:
- Step 1: Publish translations of existing national guidelines into English.
- Step 2: Elaborate evidence-based common Nordic guidelines.
- Below, you can find our collection of translated national Nordic guidelines
- The national guidelines of the five Nordic countries are very different in extent and format. Some guidelines are evidence based, and some are not.
- Norway has approximately round 100 guideline chapters, most of which are fewer than 10 pages long.
- Denmark has approximately 150 guideline chapters, most of which are generally extensive, up to 100 pages long.
- Sweden has SFOG guidelines, medical advices GYN, medical advices OB and the ARG reports.
- Finland has 12 evidence based guidelines published by the Finnish Medical Society Duodecim, and 7 have been published by National Institute for Health and Welfare.
- Iceland has 8 national guidelines.
- The national societies are presently recruiting participants for a guideline group on progesterone for prevention of preterm birth. You are encouraged to contact your national society if you want to contribute to this work.
- Each time you publish a national guideline, mail your national representative listed in the guideline committee an abstract (or the entire guideline) in English
- Suggest new NFOG evidence-based guidelines.
Publication in International Journals
- Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica
- Development of clinical guidelines usually involves the systematic review of available scientific literature as the background for practice recommendations. Some guidelines may thus be suitable for publication as review articles in scientific journals (usually after condensation and thorough revision). Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica (AOGS) will consider publication of such systematic reviews with clinical practice recommendations after a rigorous peer review process.
- European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine
- This journal has a section entitled “Guidelines and Consensus Statements” for publishing guidelines from various societies in Europe. The guidelines submitted for publishing must be recent, and a senior editor will peer review it and may ask for minor changes to clarify some points. It is acknowledged that the guidelines have already undergone extensive revision within their own societies. Guidelines which are published in EJOG can be published at the same time by the respective society, and the published version can be linked to the online version. Please send a notice to the national member of the NFOG guideline committee if there is intention to submit a national clinical guideline to EJOG.
Chaiman of the Guideline Committee
- Activity restriction for prevention of preterm birth 2017 denmark
- Indomethacin and pregnancy 2017 denmark
- Anaemia and iron deficiency in pregnancy and postpartum 2016 GRADE Denmark
- Antenatal corticosteroid treatment for lung maturation 2016 GRADE Denmark
- Induktion av förlossning 2016 GRADE Sweden
- Intrauterine growth restriction 2016 Norway
- Non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) for trisomy 13, 18 and 21 2016 GRADE Sweden
- Polyhydramnios in singleton pregnancies 2016 Oxford Denmark
- Bacterial vaginosis in pregnancy and risk of spontaneous preterm delivery 2015 GRADE Denmark
- Cancer in pregnancy 2015 Oxford Denmark
- Cesarean delivery at term Technique, pre- and postoperative issues 2015 GRADE Denmark
- Dystocia (Primiparous women with lack of progress) 2015 GRADE Denmark
- Fetal sex determination by ultrasound 2015 peer reviewed Denmark
- Medication use during pregnancy and lactation 2015 Norway
- Monitoring of pregnancies at beyond 41+0 weeks of gestation 2015 Oxford Denmark
- Nitric oxide sub partu: safety and efficacy 2015 peer reviewed Denmark
- Operative vaginal delivery 2015 peer reviewed Denmark
- Prevention of obstetric anal sphincter injuries 2015 Oxford Denmark
- Single umbilical artery 2015 Oxford Denmark
- Thromboprophylaxis in IVF 2015 GRADE Sweden
- Alcohol, smoking, and illegal substance/drug abuse during pregnancy 2014 Norway
- Antenatal care 2014 Oxford (adapted) Norway
- Augmentation of labour 2014 Norway
- Depression during pregnancy and lactation 2014 Norway
- Door-step cardiotocography 2014 Oxford Denmark
- Female genital mutilation 2014 Norway
- Group B streptococcus in pregnancy and delivery 2014 Oxford (adapted) Norway
- Hyperemesis 2014 Oxford (adapted) Norway
- Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy and eclampsia 2014 Norway
- Pelvic girdle pain 2014 Norway
- Placenta 2014 Norway
- Prenatal diagnostics 2014 Norway
- Small for Gestational age (SGA) 2014 Oxford Denmark
- Thyroid Disease in the Perinatal Period 2014 GRADE Sweden
- Gestational diabetes 2013 Finland
- Preterm birth 2011 Finland
- STAN 2009 Finland
- Fetal Growth restriction (FGR)
- Intrauterine Growth Retardation (IUGR)
- Gynecologic Fistula 2017 Norway
- Postmenopausal bleeding 2017 Norway
- Sexual dysfunctions 2017 Norway
- Intrapartum fetal surveillance – Indications 2017 denmark
- Contraception 2016 Finland
- Endometrial polyps 2015 Norway
- Ectopic pregnancy 2014 Finland
- Induced abortion 2013 Finland
- Ovarian cancer 2012 Finland
- Urinary incontinence 2011 Finland
- Cervical cancer screening guidelines 2010 Finland
- Emergency contraception 2010 Finland
- Sexually transmitted infections 2010 Finland