The scientific committee is one of the NFOG standing committees.
The NFOG Scientific Committee consists of one member from each of the five Nordic countries. The scientific committee handles scientific issues for the NFOG. The Scientific Committee has several specific aims:
- Administration of the NFOG Fund: The purpose of the NFOG Fund is to support further development of professional skills, research, and clinical and scientific collaboration in the fields of obstetrics and gynaecology within the Nordic countries. See further details for the Fund here.
- Scientific programme for the biannual NFOG congresses. The scientific committee helps the local scientific committee develop the programme for the NFOG congress, and the NFOG scientific committee handles and scores all submitted abstracts for the congress.
- At the biannual NFOG congresses the scientific committee decides the winners of the Young scientist award, oral presentation prizes and poster prizes.
The NFOG scientific committee may undertake any other scientifically related task deemed relevant by the scientific committee in accordance with the NFOG Board.
Members of the Scientific Committee
- Solveig Bjellmo
- solveigbjellmo at gmail.com
- Ann Josefsson
- Ann.josefsson at sfog.se
- Niels Klarskov Scientific Committee Co-chair
- Niels.Klarskov at regionh.dk
- Terhi T Piltonen Scientific Committee Chairman
- terhi.piltonen at oulu.fi
- Jóhanna Gunnarsdóttir
- johagunn at hi.is